Site: 12,500 sf
Located at the corner of Montgomery and Clay Streets, this 1908 national landmark, once the Bank of Italy, was renovated for the main headquarters of the Bank of San Francisco. While the exterior of the building was repaired and restored to its original condition, the interior renovation involved more comprehensive work – including removal of carpet, partitions, and a suspended ceiling which had concealed the early grandeur of the space. The original teller counter and window components were carefully dismantled and relocated to serve the bank’s present needs. Finally, a connection through the bank was created to serve as a lobby for the adjacent office building.